Masai Mara Migration Safari
The Mara, as it’s popularly referred to, is Kenya’s most frequented wildlife viewing area. Situated about 180 kms from Nairobi the name means “Spotted Plain” in the language of the Maasai, the colorful and interesting tribe which inhabits the surrounding areas. During the seasonal migrations, the Mara is home to up to half a million Wildebeest and an equally impressive number of Zebras who move into the area from neighboring Tanzania.
These large numbers of animals give rise to a proportionate number of predators, especially the big cats. Lion, Cheetah, Leopard and Hyena roam the vast grassy plains on the lookout for their next meal. It may be an unsuspecting impala or gazelle or even something small like a warthog or African hare. Whatever the players, the spectacle of nature unfolding is always awesome. Here it’s also possible to observe; Elephant, Giraffe, Baboon, African buffalo, Eland, Ostrich, Bat-eared fox, Jackal and sometimes the rare Rhino. The rivers abound with Hippos and Crocodiles. All of the Big Five are residents. You’re sure to see the African buffalo. Get the cameras ready, stock up on film and enjoy yourselves!
On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be met by a Legend Safaris representative and thereafter board your buses and transferred to The Boma Hotel.
0630hrs, you will have breakfast at the hotel, followed by a short safari briefing before boarding your safari vehicle and begin your safari adventure to the famous Maasai Mara National Reserve regarded as the jewel of Kenya’s wildlife viewing areas. The annual wildebeest’s migration alone involves over 1.5 million animals arriving in July and departing in November. Nowhere in Africa is wildlife more abundant, and it is for this reason a visitor hardly misses to see the big five (buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion, and rhino). Arrive on time for lunch at your camp. In the afternoon have a game drive at the park where you are likely to see lots of wildlife. In the evening, return to your lodge/camp for dinner and overnight.
Spend another 3 full days in the Mara. You are woken with a pre-dawn tea, coffee and biscuits before you set out on our drive at 0600hrsm to photograph in the best light of the day. After a break for a picnic breakfast, you continue until about midday, depending on animal activity. Then it is back to camp for lunch, rest, editing or backing up your images. Then at 1600hrs you head out for your afternoon drive or alternatively full safari days in the Masai Mara savannah with picnic breakfasts and lunches as you may deem necessary.
This is the last day of your safari, after breakfast, bid Maasai Mara national reserve goodbye with a game drive enroute as you drive back to Nairobi. Upon arrival you will be transferred to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your onward flight or dropped off at your Nairobi hotel (on own arrangements).
Rates & Dates:
08 – 14 August 2021
15 – 21 August 2021
$3800 per person sharing
- Maximum 6 guests, 3 per vehicle
- 30% deposit secures your spot
- Enquire about back to back special rate
- Meet and greet services with assistance at the airport or hotel
- Airport Transfers
- Accommodation on Full Board Basis in safari camps and bed and breakfast in Nairobi
- Soft drinks (water and soda) are included in Zebra Plains Mara Camp consumed whilst at the camp
- All transport and game drives on road safaris will be in an open 4×4 safari land cruiser
- 2 Legend Safaris Photographic Guide
- Services of a professional English-speaking driver-guide on private basis
- Unlimited Game drives
- All park entry fees
- Drinks and snacks on game drives
- All applicable Government taxes
- Inoculations and personal insurance
- International & domestic flights and departure taxes
- Optional activities and excursions
- Items of a personal nature
- Medical, Travel and Baggage Insurance
- Holiday Surcharge