Snow Leopard Safari
This is a unique tour that gives you a chance to experience Snow Leopards in the Wild.
Snow Leopards are some of the most difficult animals to spot in the wild. They usually live at altitudes over 15,000-16,000ft in summers and prey mostly on Bharals or Mountain goats, Ibex, Himalayan Thar and Markhors. During the winters, all their prey come down to lower altitudes in search of grass and with them the Snow Leopards too start coming down. That is the best chance for us to sight them. India has approximately 500 – 600 Snow Leopards. Along with the Snow Leopards you also get to witness the Buddhist civilizations of Key Monastery and the winters of Spiti Valley.
In recent times, Kibber Wildlife sanctuary has been a great spot to find Snow Leopards, the Himalayan Red Fox, Blue Sheep, Himalayan Ibex and other mammals. It is also an abode to several species of birds like the Golden Eagle, different species of vultures and many migratory birds. Being on the move on the Snow Leopard Trek in Ladakh, one encounters surprises at each turn. The trek allows one to get acquainted with the folklore of Rumbak Valley. It thus brings one to an indigenous territory astir over the savage breath in the midst of the cold desert and gust of freezing wind.
Sometimes you may have to walk just over 10 minutes or other times you may have to walk 3 hours to reach the destination. It really depends on where the cats are spotted. On days when the Snow Leopards are not seen, we will concentrate on other animals and birds like the Red Fox, Himalayan Ibex, Blue Sheep, Bearded Vulture, Golden Eagle etc. We will also visit the Key Monastery and do a village walk on one of the days.
Kibber – Rampur Today we will leave for Rampur at 5 am. This will be the longest journey of our tour (12 hours). Reach Rampur Hotel Nav Nabh Heritage by 5 pm. Rest, Dinner and overnight at Hotel.
Dates & Rates:
03 – 15 March 2021
$5400 per person sharing
- Maximum 3 guests
- 30% deposit secures your spot
The average day temperature on the Snow Leopard expedition will be -5 degree C and it can drop down to -20 degrees C in the night. The rooms of the home stay in Kibber are wood heated making it warm and comfortable.
All guests must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses.
Guests with medical history of breathing or Heart related diseases are advised to consult their doctor and will need to present a Doctor’s certificate.
The itinerary of the Snow Leopard expedition will be flexible and might change due to heavy snowfall or unavoidable circumstances.
The Home Stay in Tabo and Kibber are basic but comfortable and hygienic. They are one of the best available options in both destinations considering the remoteness of the area. We will provide maximum possible luxury and comfort on the Snow Leopard expedition.
For Photographers, a minimum of 600 mm lens is recommended for the Snow Leopard Expedition.
- New Delhi: Hotel Lemon Tree Premier
- Rampur: Hotel Nav Nabh Heritage
- Tabo: Home Stay
- Kibber: Norling Home Stay
- Legend Safaris Photographic guide
- Photographic tutoring
- Breakfast in New Delhi
- All meals at all other destinations
- All airport transfers, internal transfers
- Premium Economy class airfare from New Delhi to Chandigarh and back. Excess luggage (Total weight 25kg check in + 7kg cabin luggage per person)
- Bottle Drinking water during Transfers and Safari
- All Applicable taxes
- All gypsy charges, Entry charges, Guide fees for Safaris. Village fees, Inner line permits, Wildlife fees and camera charges for Snow leopard expedition
- 1 porter per person on the Snow Leopard expedition at Kibber to carry luggage
- Hiking Sticks and Gaiters for Snow Leopard expedition
- Portable Oxygen cylinder and basic first aid kit in Kibber
- Any personal expenses, extra meals, beverages, alcohol
- Tips and gratitude
- Travel Insurance, International Airfare and Visa charges
- Anything not mentioned in “Inclusions”
- Any extra charges due to cancellations, Heavy Snow Fall/ roadblocks or unavoidable circumstances