Magic of Mashatu Safari
Mashatu, the Land of Giants. Certainly, there’s magic here – magic that you’re certain to experience and engage with on your 5-day Mashatu safari. Red sandstone outcrops bring the landscapes to vivid life, and the rivers that meander through the region provides the life force to the some of the finest predator and elephant viewing in Southern Africa. Located in Botswana, you’ll find biodiversity and topography like nowhere else.
The proof is in the sightings! On the Mashatu safari, there are daily sightings of lion, leopard, cheetah, hyena, jackal, and African wildcat. It doesn’t stop there, because you’ve got the chance to spot so much more in the Mashatu Private Game Reserve when exploring these lands in our vehicles, in a non-intrusive manner.
Why “Land of Giants”? Mashatu is home to the world’s largest land mammal (the elephant), the world’s tallest mammal (the giraffe), the largest bird (the ostrich), the largest antelope (the eland), and the heaviest flying bird (the kori bustard). You’ll also come across other fascinating wildlife, both diurnal and nocturnal: bat-eared foxes, wildebeest, zebra, warthog, baboon, monkeys and kudu. These ancient lands, as the baobab tree is testament to, are yours to explore.
Arrive at Mashatu Tent Camp ready to experience the raw wilderness of Botswana and discover the hospitality of its people.
Enjoy a quick rest and lunch.
Enjoy a photographic wildlife experience with other likeminded individuals.
During these 3 days, we venture out into the Land of Giants in search of the areas renowned wildlife.
Welcome the new day in the early morning (5:00 a.m. in summer and 6:00 a.m. in winter).
Enjoy a light snack.
Embark on an early morning adventure safari or opt for the photographic hides.
We venture out again for an afternoon and evening safari.
Return to camp.
Enjoy dinner and an overnight stay.
In the morning, we venture out on our final game drive.
We return to camp for a scrumptious breakfast.
We make our way to the drop-off point.
Rates & Dates:
10 – 14 November 2021
14 – 18 November 2021
$1700 per person sharing (including one hide session)
- Maximum 6 guests
- 30% deposit secures your spot
- Enquire about back to back special rate
- Legend Safaris Photographic guide
- Conservation levy of $10.00 per person per night. Non commissionable and non-vatable
- All meals and snacks
- Game drives in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles conducted by experienced rangers and trackers
- Photographic tutoring
- Transfers to and from the Limpopo Valley Airfield and the Pont
- Drift Border Post at scheduled times
- Hide visit where mentioned
• Bar purchases
• Telecommunication costs
• Transfers to and from the Limpopo Valley Airfield and the Pont Drift Border Post outside of specified times
• Adventure activities
• Cable car transfers across the Limpopo River if required.